Linnstrument Helper is an open source Mac OS app I developed to help people learn the Linnstrument layout quickly and efficiently. Just like a bass guitar, the Linnstrument uses all fourths tuning. If you’d like to help contribute to the project, please take a look at the issues page.
For the curious, here’s my build log for the project.
- Polyphonic sound engine.
- Displays note velocities, names, and locations on the Linnstrument (up to four notes max currently).
- Resizable grid elements.
- Compatible with both the full-size Linnstrument and Linnstrument 128 (USB MIDI).
- Mac OS Catalina (10.15)
- Download Linnstrument-Helper-1.1.zip and extract.
- Connect your Linnstrument to your computer and power it on (you can alternatively power it on with the app running).
- Set the octave to be in the middle.
- Run Linnstrument Helper and have fun!